The RIEGL VQ-840-G is a fully integrated compact airborne laser scanner for combined bathymetric and topographic surveying. The system is offered with an integrated and factory calibrated GNSS/IMU system and can be complemented with an optional camera or IR rangefinder. The VQ-840-G is a compact and lightweight LiDAR system to be installed on various platforms including UAVs.
The scanner carries out laser range measurements for high resolution surveying of underwater topography with a narrow, visible green laser beam, emitted from a pulsed laser source. Subject to clarity, at this particular wavelength the laser beam penetrates water enabling measurement of submerged targets.
- High accuracy ranging based on echo digitization & online waveform processing with multiple-target capability
- Concurrent comprehensive full storage for all measurements for subsequent full waveform analysis
- High spatial resolution due to measurement rate of up to 200kHz & high scanning speed of 100 scans/sec
- Integrated inertial navigation system
- Fully integrated laser rangefinder & digital camera (optional)
- Compact, lightweight and robust housing compliant with typical hatches in aircrafts and with stabilized platforms
- Coastline & Shallow Water Mapping
- Surveying for Hydraulic Engineering
- Hydro-Archaeological Surveying