The RIEGL miniVUX-1DL is a sister device to the miniature UAV laser scanner RIEGL miniVUX-1UAV. The added indicator "DL" means "downward-looking" and refers to its special design tailored to meet the needs of corridor mapping tasks (downward-looking, optimized field of view, small size).
Thus, the RIEGL miniVUX-1DL is perfectly suited for tasks such as powerline and pipeline surveillance, or for infrastructure inspection as in highway or railway monitoring.
The specific wedge prism scanner construction produces a field of view of 46°, and the circular scan pattern provides a very high point density and good point distribution. The LiDAR sensor makes use of RIEGL's unique Waveform-LiDAR technology, allowing echo digitization and online waveform processing. Multiple-target resolution is the basis for penetrating even dense foliage.
An easy to remove SD storage card for data storage and/or the option for streaming the scan data via LAN TCP/IP interface - in combination with the modest power consumption of the scanner - allows straightforward integration into various types of UAVs.
- Very compact & lightweight (2.4 kg / 5.3 lbs)
- 46° field of view, +-23° off nadir
- Robust aluminum housing, ready to be mounted on any suitable type of UAV
- RIEGL’s unique echo signal digitization and online waveform processing
- Multiple target capability – up to 5 target echoes per laser shot
- Scan speed up to 150 scans/sec
- Measurement rate 100,000 measurements/sec
- user-friendly, application- and installation oriented solutions for integration
- Pipeline and Power Line Monitoring
- Highway and Railtrack Inspection
- Further Applications in Corridor Mapping