The Trimble Nomad 5 handheld is a fully-rugged mobile computer designed to make your professional work life easier, productive and more efficient. Offering ease-of-use and flexibility in an all-in-one versatile package, it’s the ideal tool for accurate GIS data collection, asset management and field inspection tasks. Purpose-built for the serious field worker, you can depend on the Nomad 5 to help you get your work done.
An easy-to-use handheld for the professional field worker
12.7 cm / 5"
Easy to use
- Powered by familiar, intuitive Android™ 9.0 operating system
- Google Mobile Services certified to run Google core applications and services to suit your workflow
- Responsive touchscreen for a consistent and user-friendly operating experience
- Bright 5-inch display for easy viewing of data, maps and photos in direct sunlight or shadow
- Access professional workflows for data collection, visualization and communication in the field using Trimble TerraFlex™ or Trimble Penmap® for Android™ software, or third-party apps such as Esri’s Collector for ArcGIS® mobile software
Flexible, versatile, productive
- Features an expansion slot to attach an interchangeable, user-replaceable Trimble EMPOWER module* for customized workflows with one device
- Tracks GPS, GLONASS and BeiDou constellations as well as SBAS augmentation systems to improve real-time accuracy
- Achieves sub-meter positioning when paired with the Trimble R1 GNSS receiver or the Trimble EMPOWER GNSS receiver module that support Trimble RTX™ corrections technology for real-time accuracy nearly anywhere in the world
- Pair with the Trimble Catalyst™ software GNSS receiver or Trimble R2 GNSS receiver when high-accuracy positioning is paramount
- Communicate between the field and office via integrated 4G LTE cellular connectivity to share, receive and collaborate on data in real-time for efficient job completion and faster time to deliverable for your clients
*EMPOWER modules currently available: a sub-meter GNSS receiver; a barcode imager; and a barcode imager and UHF RFID reader.
Reliable and dependable
- Certified to meet rigorous MIL-STD-810G military standards for drops and vibration to keep your data safe
- Reliably work in the toughest conditions with an IP-65 and IP-68 environmental rating for water and dust ingress
- Operate longer in the field with a high-capacity, all day user-replaceable battery that provides continuous use in any temperature
- Input data with ease, even when wearing gloves, using the tactile programmable hard keys and stylus
- Capture high-resolution images with asset, event, or site information using the rear-facing camera, and hold face-to-face discussions on the job site via apps such as Skype with the front-facing camera